Recognizing that families are integral to student success, the Parent and Family Campus Connections program was developed to serve as the central point of contact for families of first-generation, low-income students. The program aims to help UCI families understand the college-going process. We hope to include families in this process by connecting them to the university and sharing ways to support their student during the transition. We focus on addressing the unique needs and challenges of families through personalized support, services, and programs.
Housed under UCI’s Student Transition Services, Parent and Family Campus Connections at the University of California, Irvine strives to support families of first-generation, low-income students in their transition to and through college. This program aims to connect families to the university by helping them navigate and understand the expectations and experiences of college life as well as campus resources and services.
To enable a successful transition and integration into the university for families of first-generation, low-income students as well as engage them in their student’s college career
- To provide a support system for first-generation, low-income families and students in their college-going process
- To provide families with comprehensive information, tools, and strategies on the college experience to best support their student(s) in their transition to UCI
- To help families connect and build relationships with campus resources and services
- To communicate regularly with families about on-campus events as well as university information and developments
- To make on-campus events and program financially accessible to families
- To empower families to learn how to advocate for themselves and their students at the university
- Personalized Support & Advising
- One-on-one appointments via phone, in person, or online
- Referrals to campus resources
- Assistance with financial aid process
Phone: (949) 824-3207