Pathways to Parents and Adult Learners Success (PPALS)
Pathways for Parents and Adult Learners Success (PPALS)
PPALS was developed to help ensure that students 25 years of age and older and students with children/dependents are successful at UCI. PPALS aims to help student parents and adult learners with their academic, social, and personal needs.
Housed in the Division of Undergraduate Education, the PPALS program at the University of California, Irvine strives to help student parents/adult students to maximize their college experience and be successful at UCI by proving academic, social support and tip and suggestions on how to manage being a college student while having multiple responsibilities.
To enable a successful transition through UC Irvine and help students to succeed and thrive.
- To provide a support system for students with children and adult learner students.
- To help adult learners and students with children transition, maximize their college experience and thrive at UC Irvine.
- To help adult learners and student parents reach their academic and personal goals.
- One-on-one advising and coaching appointments with professional staff to help students to be academically and socially successful.
- A welcoming study space that fosters networking.
- Referrels to on campus resources that will help students to achieve their academic and personal goals.
- Opportunities to meet and network with UCI Faculty.
- Opportunities to connect with other student parents and adult learner students.
Workshops specifically for adult learners and student with children/dependents will take place throughout the year. Attending the workshops will be beneficial for acclimating and thriving at UCI. Workshops will consists of a range of topics, including: Managing time as an adult learner/student with children, graduate school preparation, study skills, gaining leadership experience as a student with multiple responsibilities, connecting with faculty, connecting with other adult learner students and students with children/dependents etc. Certain workshops may be conjoined with other workshop initiatives occurring at Student Support Services or at Transfer Student Center.
PERSONALIZED SUPPORT & ADVISING:
Student Support Services (SSS) and the Transfer Student Center (TSC) is always an open space for PPALS. All counselors within SSS and TSC have an open door policy to serve students. However, if students need extensive services and guidance, they can also schedule an appointment with the counselor/coordinator through the online appointment scheduling portal on the SSS website.
To join PPALS and get our email updates click here